Free Tips On How To Cite A Book In A Research Paper
You all might know about the research paper. If you want to refer to some book in the research paper, then you need to cite that book in the research paper.
Here I will give you some tips to cite a book in a research paper. It is something very easy. Some rules need to be followed, and you can easily cite a book in a research paper.
- If you want to cite a paragraph from the book to a research paper, then you need to mention a few lines of the paragraph along with the book name.
- The book’s name should contain the author's name along with the page number which is to be referred.
- When the reader is reading the research paper, he can see the link provided with the author’s name along with a page number of the book.
- When the reader, click on the link, he will get the particular page of the book which was to be referred. This is how citing a book in a research paper is done.
- Now let me explain you with an example.
- The Book’s name is the Principle of Programming language.
- The Author’s name is Gil Grover.
- Year of publication is 2002.
- Page number to be referred is 201.
So, it will be written as (Gil Grover, 2002:201) at the line where citing is to be done. This is how we can cite a book in a research paper. You might be thinking it is a very tough task but it is not. It is the easiest thing.
You all might be thinking that it sounds something difficult to cite a book in a research paper but is something very easy. The research paper in designed in such a way that the matter is reduced to the shortest form. So, including the whole matter of the book is something which is not as per the design of the research paper. For that purpose, citing is done. With the help of citing, we can reduce the length of the research paper making it easy for the reader to refer directly to the page of the book which is to be referred for the evidence and facts required to be known for that particular topic.
This is something worth noticing and learning. Everyone has to write a research paper at one point or the other. So citing a book in a research paper is something worth knowing. What all you need is the name of the author of the book, year of publication and page number of the book which is to be referred. This is to be known by people who think that citing a book in a research paper is the most difficult task. But it is not. It is the most easiest thing one can do. This will save your time and your energy as writing the whole matter in the research paper is something which will consume your time.
Those who think that citing a book in a research paper is difficult just try doing it once and you will feel that it is the easiest work a person can do.
Just follow the above steps and you can easily cite a book in a research paper.